Views
Helpful
Replies

9900 series Video IP phones

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

We are interested in purchasing the 9900 series video IP phones but I am concerned that they only work with SIP protocol.  We use SCCP in our call manager and we are running CM 5.1(2).  I see we have the option to install SIP phones but could we install one of these IP phones in our environment?  What is required to have this IP phone work for us?

Please let me know if you do.

Thank you!

Rgds,

Vicky

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Vicky,

Hope all is well my friend

Here are some answers from Kirk @ Cisco (from a great Q&A)

3) Am I correct in reading this is a SIP only phone and that SCCP is not supported?

That is correct.

5) It looks like these are just supported on Communications Manager 7.1(3) or later.  I assume they will work in SRST as well? if so what IOS version / SRST version would be required to support these phones (or does it matter?)

Initial support is on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Business Edition System Release 7.1(3) or later. SRST 7.1 IOS 12.4 (24)T) is the minimum release that will support the IP Phone 8900 and 9900 Series.

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/27875;jsessionid=2803C635EB8687EE4C7E09777FA4FD5B.node0

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Vicky,

Hope all is well my friend

Here are some answers from Kirk @ Cisco (from a great Q&A)

3) Am I correct in reading this is a SIP only phone and that SCCP is not supported?

That is correct.

5) It looks like these are just supported on Communications Manager 7.1(3) or later.  I assume they will work in SRST as well? if so what IOS version / SRST version would be required to support these phones (or does it matter?)

Initial support is on Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Business Edition System Release 7.1(3) or later. SRST 7.1 IOS 12.4 (24)T) is the minimum release that will support the IP Phone 8900 and 9900 Series.

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/27875;jsessionid=2803C635EB8687EE4C7E09777FA4FD5B.node0

Hope this helps!

Rob

As always Rob, this is exactly the info I was looking for!

Thank you so much!

Rgds,

Vicky

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vicky,
Before you do make a decision, did you also look at the power requirements?  In order to use the phones, you need either 20.0w PoE power or PWR-INJ4.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: