cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8000 - whats the maximum distance per analog phone?

raymen78chan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir/madam,

I'm looking at implementing a SIP proxy server with about 20 units of SPA8000 (full load with 8 analog phones each).

However, i do have some concern on the following justifcation points.

1. Whats the maximum distance a single SPA8000 unit can drive per analog phone? (assuming all 8 ports are being connected to an analog phone each)

2. If i've a delicated lan for the implementation, is QoS settings necessary? (any documentation for the best practices for the SPA8000 ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Raymond

1 Reply 1

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Raymond;

With regards of your questions:

(1) Distance: If you are connecting only one phone with normal REN (<1), max, distance is approx. 975 m. Check https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-10122 for further information.

(2) LAN requirements: You should enable quality of service to ensure that in case someone places a PC in the same network, it does not hurt voice quality. There are multiples possibilities depending on complexity: separate VLANs or just IP (DSCP) QoS trust. For SPA8000 and if you have a dedicated LAN for this implementation, IP (DSCP) QoS trust must be enough. The SPA8000 marks the packet automatically, so only thing you need to configure is the switch.

Regards;
Alberto