cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2x FWSM in a 6509

DASHelpdesk
Level 1
Level 1

Can I install two FSWM in a 6509, for redundancy? (like an active and passive config, not failover?)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DASHelpdesk wrote:

OK, maybe bad wording. So I would have to configure failover in a similar way to, two 515 pix’s for example.

failover lan interface interface_name vlan vlan

failover interface ip failover_interface ip_address mask standby

ETC?

The 6509 will not see the two modules, duplicate the configuration and have one module on and one in standby?

Thanks

Correct, see this link for more details -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm40/configuration/guide/fail_f.html#wp1140822

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DASHelpdesk wrote:

Can I install two FSWM in a 6509, for redundancy? (like an active and passive config, not failover?)

You can certainly have more than one FWSM per chassis but if you are not running failover how is that redundant ?

Jon

OK, maybe bad wording. So I would have to configure failover in a similar way to, two 515 pix’s for example.

ETC?

The 6509 will not see the two modules, duplicate the configuration and have one module on and one in standby?

Thanks

DASHelpdesk wrote:

ETC?

Thanks

Correct, see this link for more details -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm40/configuration/guide/fail_f.html#wp1140822

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card