Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5% Abandoned Calls - Any suggestions?

I am in the middle of creating a script that would give the caller the option to leave a voicemail, has anyone wrote a script similar to this? What did you do to lower your abandoned calls percentage without adding more agents/payroll?

Cisco Contact Center 7.0 (Enhanced Version)

30 Agents 8-6 PM

1800 Average Calls per Day

15 Replies 15

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Curious, when you do a transfer outside of the system, are you using the Set Contact Info step (marking the call as Handled) if not, that call will show as abandoned.

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

I believe we are, I've attached a screenshot of the script.

Nathan Luk
Level 1
Level 1

Generally the 2 ways you would attack this is by analyzing:

A) What your callers are calling up about and is there anything you can do along the lines of self service or treatments you can play to try reduce the number of people who need to queue. For example, an IT helpdesk I setup recently, I created the facility for them to create emergency outage prompts which were built out of a container prompt so you could build an announcement from existing prompts on the fly to account for bursts in call volumes when outages occurred ie "Thank you for calling, we are currently experiencing a system wide fault with email / Internet / CRM etc (individual system announcement here based on a variable set on the app). Current ETA for resolution is X hours and Y minutes"

B) To look at your call volumes and certain times of the day and try to either roster more intelligently (30 agents you are probably starting to get within the lower realms of workforce management if you really want to look into that side of things) or if you currently are at capacity, look at ways to try bring down your AHT to let your contact centre get through more calls which could be done with screen popping desktop applications etc.

Really depends on the business and the types of calls you get.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Cheers,

Nathan

khambetea
Level 1
Level 1

Sure, you can record a prompt to tell caller to say press 1 to leave a VM otherwise hold for an agent.

In ICM - in your queue section, call a play menu type of IVRscript that will play the above prompt and look for digits pressed as 1. Then you can route the call to a VM extension label (if Unity, you can record a greeting and take the message). If 1 is not pressed, then continue to hold /unhold call to play hold music or however way you are queueing the call.

khambetea
Level 1
Level 1

To lower abandons - make sure agents are auto-answer, have some way that they can see how many calls are in queue, abandoned over the last 5 minutes. Do they make outbound calls as well?

They rarely make any outbound calls. Where do you check to see if they are on auto-answer? As far as I know they are set up to answer calls depending on their "ready" state.

Thank you everybody for your input. Were going to try the voicemail option and see if it lowers our abandoned calls. If we lose one call, in our ultra competitive industry we'll lose the customer forever.

You'd have to manually configure their line (in Unified CM) to auto answer.

Take into consideration, if you do: if they accidentally leave while and forget to go not ready, a call will come in, and be answered, they'll hear nothing until the agent gets back.

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Auto Answer will not work with us, some of our agents attend to "walk ins", but thanks for the tip.

You have some good suggestions here hopefully you tried or planning to work on them.  This is less of technical and more of a functional issue.  Please analyze why and where the problem lies.  Consider your call duration, hold time, menu structure, agent availability etc.

May be its time to consider Business Analyst who can evaluate and help.

Good luck.

Baseer.

Hi ,

I have the same problem , we are routing the call to Voice mail , marking it as handled in the set contact info ,

please advice how to overcome this abandonded call issue when the call is forwarded to voicemail ,

Thanks

Hi

Are you saying that you believe that calls that are marked handled, and sent to VM, are still being shown as abandoned?

Or that you still have some abandoned calls and you don't know why?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply ,yes I am marking it as handled as in the attached screenshot of the script immediately after the call redirect to voice mail ,but still it shows as abanded in the reports do i need to change the place of this set conatct info handled ?

Please advice ,

Hi

Do all of them show abandoned, or just some?

I presume that's a script you wrote to test this particular issue rather than to deal with customers :-)

Theoretically what you have should work; try inserting a delay of a 10 seconds (and not hanging up) to see if that helps.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi ,

actually all of them show as abanded , is it because successful statement is not invoked after the call goes to voice mail ?

Thanks

Purna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: