cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webview access

bruce.wilkinson
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue when attempting to run Webview reports. I can access webview just fine, log in, get past the home page and select a report. However when the report is being prepared (the progress bar is active) the following error appears and the attempt is aborted.

"There was an error detecting your User Name. Please contact your administrator".

The problem appears to be with my laptop since I can access these same reports with the same user name/password combo from a different machine.

I am using XP SP2, Explorer 8 and the ICM version is 7.0

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance

Bruce Wilkinson

5 Replies 5

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

I too am experiencing this same issue. Windows XP Pro SP3 with IE8. My laptop still has IE6 and the laptop works "fine". Log in and then try to run any report. You get a progress bar and then the user name detection error. I even tried starting and stopping the iis and jaguar. I also tried deleting all the JHTML cached settings and folders. No joy. My boss was able to get the reports to work by resetting his ie8 to the defaults and also opening up the event viewer tab before running any reports. On mine I still get the user name detection error even after doing those steps.

For IE8, this worked for us:

Go to Start --> Run --> regedit.
Add the below mentioned registry key.

Registry Path : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main.
Registry Key : TabProcGrowth

Registry Type: DWord
Value : 0

Restart Internet Explorer and try generating your WebView report.

Johnny,

That worked for me. Thanks.

Registry Path : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main.
Registry Key : TabProcGrowth

Registry Type: DWord
Value : 0

Thank you Johnny.

Regards,

Geoff

Hey Thanks Johnny.. this was able to help me out! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: