cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4506 Supervisor Engine IV Help

clavezza301
Level 1
Level 1

We have one Cisco 4506 Supervisor Engine IV and we cannot get it to read or recognize slot0:, We had the flash card in the flash card slot and to no avail where able to get slot0: recognized.  Can anyone help us out with this matter?  Thanks for your help.......

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you try dir disk0:   ?  Off the top I don't remember if it was slot0: or disk0: .   plugged into the console does it recognize that you are at least putting in the card removing the card from the slot?   If you had another flash card you could try that . Also if its not an official cisco flashcard it may not recognize it either.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

clavezza301 wrote:

We have one Cisco 4506 Supervisor Engine IV and we cannot get it to read or recognize slot0:, We had the flash card in the flash card slot and to no avail where able to get slot0: recognized.  Can anyone help us out with this matter?  Thanks for your help.......

In addition to Glen's post have you formatted the flash card ?

Jon

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

And may I also ask you to describe the CF?  Is it an existing Cisco-badged CF or did you buy those "McDonalds" CF?  If it's the latter can you tell me what is the size of the CF?

Also, show file system is your friend on this.

Regards,

jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card