cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CUE AA or IVR script support the recording of a voice message and send to a users' mailbox

Hello,

I have a CUCME with a CUE and i have the folllowing call flow:

The caller dials the PSTN number and the Auto-attendant prompts him to enter the extension he wants to reach. The phones are forwarded on No Answer to Voice Mail and the caller can record the message that he wants.

I need to give the caller after the Ring No Answer timeout the option to choose whether to dial another extension or record a message in the voice mail. Can i do this using an AA script or IVR script on Cisco Unity Express.

Your help is really appreciated

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Hi,

any of you have solved this issue?, I have been requested  by several end users about this option  but I haven´t found any solution.

In my case I have CUE 7.1. as far as I know I can not edit script loaded in CUE, not even download them

regards

What you want is zero-out to AA during Voice Mail. I have never tried that myself, but it should work:

step 1. Have users re-record their personal greeting, saying "to return to Auto Attendant, press 0".

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have a system wide announcement for that.

step 2. In CUE, configure VM operator number to be AA number.

The default caller-input action of pressing 0 will tranfer the call back to AA without leaving a message.

Note: for a variety of reasons, it is not really possible to do differently, even using a custom CUE script.

Hi paolo,

In fact I had already tried option 2, in order to give more options to users.

thanks for your time

You are welcome.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: