Connecting Cisco 3020 (Blade Enclosure) to Cisco 3750 Stack

Unanswered Question
Jan 14th, 2010

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and my Cisco skills are average at best so please be gentle.

We're currently setting up virtualisation and in doing so, we have been required to create 4 new VLANs. I've created these on the Cisco 3750 stack with no problems using a VTP domain.

We have a Blade 7000 enclosure with 8 new Cisco 3020 switches in. I've setup a couple of these switches (so far) on the same management VLAN as the rest of the switches including the 3750 core stack. I've also manually added the VLANs onto these switches (not added it to the VTP domain yet).

The Blade enclosure will work in such a way that individual ports on the 3020 will be required to communicate over 2 or 3 of the VLANs.

If I plug a PC into a port on one of the 3020 switches, it can ping the new VLAN on the 3750 switch and it can also communicated with all other VLANs. However, a laptop plugged into the 3750 switch cannot communicate with some of the devices in VLANs in the Blade enclosure.

Can you please confirm which commands I'd need generally on the switch and for the individual ports both on the 3020 and the 3750 to allow it to communicate the VLAN traffic it requres?

I'm more than happy to provide any additional info you might require to help.

Thanks in advance,

Gav.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion