cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

delete voicemail via CUE admin page

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all.  I hope all is well with you all.  I have a CUE 7.0 and I have a user that gets thier mailbox full very often (up to 2000 messages), and I was wondering if you guys know a way to clear his voicemail out without him having to do it with on his phone?  Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One option is to setup IMAP access to the mailbox and delete the messages using an email client.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Yeah, I knew you could do that, but I cant give them that in this case.  I just wanted to be able to go in and delete the messages my self without having to do that over the phone.  Any way to do that?

You could always just set yourself up with IMAP access to their mailbox and delete the messages. I believe that accomplishes your goal?

Brandon

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Hope all is well

I'm pretty sure that the method given by our friend Brandon is the only way

to do this (+5 points Brandon!) I can't believe someone could accumulate 2000

messages, that's out of control for sure. If it were me I would remove his mailbox

account and start over fresh. When you do this I would also enforce some new

mailbox limits that prevent this from happening again (especially the Expiration date).

Here is the info for CUE;

Configuring System-Wide Mailbox Default Values

The following system-wide parameters are configurable for all new voice mailboxes. These values are assigned automatically to a new voice mailbox. Several of these values have factory default values.

Capacity The total amount of storage time in hours allowed for all mailboxes in the system. The factory default is the maximum allowed storage for your system.

***Expiration date The number of days a message is saved in the mailbox. When the user logs in to the voice mailbox, the user hears a message listing all the expired messages. The user can save, skip, or delete each message. The factory default value is 30 days.

Language The language used for voice-mail prompts. In Release 2.0, U.S. English, European French, German, and European Spanish are the available languages. The default value is determined by the language package installed, and cannot be changed using the CLI commands.

Mailbox size The maximum number of seconds of storage for voice messages in a mailbox. The factory default value is determined by dividing the maximum storage capacity by the maximum number of mailboxes (personal plus general delivery).

Message length The maximum number of seconds for any one stored message in a mailbox. The factory default is 60 seconds.

***Recording time The maximum amount of time for a user's recorded mailbox greeting.

Operator extension The extension of the voice-mail operator.

1. config t

2. voicemail capacity time minutes

3. voicemail defaults {expiration days | language | mailboxsize mailboxsize-seconds |

messagesize messagesize-seconds}

4. voicemail operator telephone tel-number

5. voicemail recording time minutes

6. exit

7. copy running-config startup-config

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel2_0/ccm_cli/ch3sys.html#wp1065287

Just a thought John,

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks guys.  I appreciate it as always.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: