cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MDS9124 PAK/LIC Installation

Janke2345
Level 1
Level 1

I was using the online Cisco license registration wizard to get a few licenses from the PAK's I recieved via mail but I made a mistake. When I went through the registration process it asks you for the Serial Number / Host ID. Well I looked at the unit itself and wrote down what I thought at the time was the serial number. Come to find out it's actually different. I tried to go through the registration process again and of course I was unable to. What do I need to do to get the PAK's unregistred so I can go through the process again or is their a way to edit the license file itself?

1 Reply 1

Galen Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1)

Use the show license host-id command to obtain the serial number for your switch. The host ID is also referred to as the switch serial number.

switch# show license host-id

License hostid: FOX064317SQ

2) Open a TAC SR, and requst Cisco license team to help you with the infomration you have (license type, host id)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: