cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BACD and Call Park Extension Display

jchadkramer
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with my bACD on a UC520. I have 5 receptionists in a hunt group BACD. Their phones display when a caller is in the Que which is good. The problem this has caused is that if they park someone while it is displaying that a caller is in the queue then they don't get the park extension displayed on their phone. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

I am going to have to recreate this.  What software pack are you using?  What types of phones are you using?

We are using the latest available software pack for the uc520(IOS 15 etc.). The phones are 7962's with the 7915 sidecar with 24 buttons.

Sounds like the BACD Call Queue count is over-writing the Call Parked slot number on the status line....we have changed the priorities on this status line a few times over the last few years....

One work around if this is so, especially as you have side cars, assign some spare buttons to a few park slots, then let the operators park callers using DSS button instead of softkey park. This way they are directing to park slot, instead of random. And the buttons will tell which slots in use/free.

CLI required, here is details;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepark.html#wp1010644

If you assign a monitor button (cli command button m) to a park slot dn, the side car will give you DSS like feature to park calls to that slot, and pressing lite button will unpark call fro that slot.

Hope this helps,

Ron Lewis

Cisco

I'll have to think that one through. The side car is nearly full and they sometimes have 6 people parked. Thanks for the idea. Is there any way to change the priority or get rid of the queue notification?

Can't turn off the Queue display feature, nor change the priority, it is hard coded in to UC500/CME/IOS....

We should open a bug on this if confirmed, where if a call is parked and phone is part of BACD, the call parked slot display message needs to display for 30 secs before any other message over-writes include the bacd calls in queue message...

Ron Lewis

Cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: