Helpful
Replies

Re: Cisco Call Manager 7.1.3 FXS Port

m-laing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need some help with a FXS port config connected to Cisco 2821 gateway

I have configured MGCP for communication between CUCM  and the Gateway. I have an annalog phone connected to a VIC3-4FXS-DID  and the port is configured for ground Start. I am able to receive calls on the phone from an IP Phone , however I am not  receiving a dial tone from the analog phone.

Call Manager version 7.1.3

Marsha

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marsha,

The first thing that I would look at is changing to "Loop Start". I've never

seen an Analog phone/device use Ground start. It is almost exclusively reserved

for FXO/Trunk configs in North America.

Cheers!

Rob

Thank You , problem resolved.

I am now noticing that since I upgraded to Call Manager 7.1.3, the gateway interfaces are now showing that device is not trusted. What could possible be the cause of this?

Marsha

Hi Marsha,

Good stuff! You are most welcome

This addresses your second question I hope;

Security Icon Enabled by Phone Model (Page 55)

Beginning with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 7.1(3), Cisco Unified
Communications Manager allows Security icons to be enabled by phone model on Cisco Unified IP
Phones. The Security icon indicates whether the call is secure and the connected device is trusted.
A Trusted Device represents a Cisco device or a third-party device that has passed Cisco security criteria
for trusted connections. This includes, but is not limited to, signaling/media encryption, platform
hardening, and assurance. If a device is trusted, a Security icon displays, and a secure tone plays on
supported devices. Also, the device may provide other features or indicators that are related to secure
calls.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager determines whether a device is trusted when you add it to your
system. The security icon displays for information purposes only, and the administrator cannot configure
it directly.

**Beginning with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 7.1(3), Cisco Unified
Communications Manager also indicates whether a gateway is trusted by displaying an icon and a
message in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.

This section describes the behavior of the security icon for trusted devices on both the Cisco Unified IP
Phones and in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_1_3/cucm-rel_notes-713.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: