Problem with Remote Desktop Connection and Windows 7 through VPN router RV042

Unanswered Question
Jan 15th, 2010

Up until the end of December 2009, I have been using the following working network configuration:

In my office:

A Dell Precision T3400 workstation using Windows Vista Pro 32 bits SP2

One Linksys VPN Router model RV042 with a VPN connection made to the RV042 at home

At Home:

A Dell Precision 380 workstation using Windows XP Pro bits SP3

One Linksys VPN Router model RV042 with a VPN connection made to the RV042 at the office

For months, I have been using Remote Desktop Connection between the two computers without any problems. I was able to access my home computer from the office.  I was able to access my office computer from home.  Everything was going through the VPN an everything was working very well.

During Christmas vacations, I installed an additional computer at home; a Dell Precision T3500 using Windows 7 Pro 64bits.  I have tried to connect from my office to that computer using Remote Desktop connection. The session was opening but then I was getting a popup window telling me that the connection was going to end because of an encryption error.  If I was using my 1st home computer to access the T3500 (the 2 computers actually at home), no problems between the two.

Last week, my home computer using Windows XP crashed so I did reformat a new disk and I installed Windows 7 Pro 64 bits and since then, I can no longer access that computer from the office because, as with the other computer at home, I get the popup window telling me that the session is going to end because of an encryption error.

So, to resume what I have tried since the first problem event:

Header 1Header 2Header 3
Working situationFrom Office computer using Vista Pro 32 bitsTo Home computer #1 using XP Pro 32 bits
Working situationFrom Home computer #1 using XP Pro 32 bitsTo Office computer using Vista Pro 32 bits
Working situationFrom Home computer #1 using XP Pro 32 bitsTo Home computer #2 using Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Working situationFrom Home computer #2 using Windows 7 Pro 64 bitsTo Office computer using Vista Pro 32 bits
Not workingFrom Office computer using Vista Pro 32 bitsTo Home computer #2 using Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Not workingFrom Office computer using Vista Pro 32 bitsTo Home computer #1 using Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Not workingFrom Office computer #2 using Windows 7 Pro 32 bitsTo Home computer #1 using Windows 7 Pro 64 bits

All these problems have started since I have been using Windows 7.  I have read somewhere on the net that if you use Windows 7 and remote desktop connection and that you a to go through a couple of Linksys devices that you may experience some problems.

If anyone has a solution to solve my problem, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Claude

I have this problem too.
1 vote
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted January 15, 2010 at 6:13 AM
Stats:
Replies:0 Avg. Rating:
Views:1706 Votes:1