Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up etherchannels

stephenrm3685
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am new to setting up etherchannels and have a couple of questions.

I will be setting up on a Cisco 4506 to a Cisco 3750. I want to set up the etherchannel using ports 3/4 and 3/10 on the 4506 and use ports 1/0/1 and 1/0/10 on the 3750. It will only be using on vlan 1. I understand the commands that I need to use to set up but guess I do not understand the steps.

Do I need to administatively shut down the ports before I configure the switches. I will be using the channel-group 1 mode desirable command to set up layer two etherchannels. Do I need to configue on both switches with the ports administratively down and the use the no shutdown on these ports after the switch is configured ?

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Stephen,

Please refer to this document for step-by-step config guide on how to configure etherchannel

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_25_see/configuration/guide/swethchl.html

HTH

Reza

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI ,

Check out below link for etherchannel configuration hope that helps out query !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk389/tk213/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094647.shtml

Regards

Ganesh.H

krishnakumarr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

First you configure the port channel 1

do admin shut the port channel 1

then you configure the ports and do admin shut the ports

then connect the cables to the ports and no shut the ports now the physical link will come up

finally do no shut for port channel 1

now check the port channel members using command show interface port-channel 1

regards

krishna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco