cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RF Predictions in WCS

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

So I am adding access points to WCS 6.0 and I am using a specialty antenna. When I choose other for the antenna type and I enter the dbi of the antenna when I hit save to place the APs it tells me it cannot give em the rf prediction for those APs. How do I get around this other than selecting a cisco antenna?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Only cisco antennas work with the RF prediction for now of what i remember

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

Are you using the planning tool or just the map out front?

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Only cisco antennas work with the RF prediction for now of what i remember

Hi nshoe18

To do RF predictions the radiation patterns (Azimuth and Elevation) for the antenna needs to be known not just the power.

Therefore, as WCS doesn’t have the detail for the antenna you’re using it can’t perform the prediction, this is a limitation of WCS but it guarantees the accuracy of the coverage prediction.

It also enforces the point of buying Cisco antennas!

Troy

So we have changed all the antenna on our map to be Cisco antenna with similar characteristics, however not all APs show any kind of prediction and they are all setup as the same antenna. I am really stumped now.

Are you saying that on a specific map some APs with antenna "A" show a heatmap but some APs with antenna "A" do not show a heatmap?  Are the APs all the same?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card