cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cross Stack Etherchannel

c.walsh
Level 3
Level 3

Can you configure a cross stack etherchannel group between 2 gig ports on a 3750 stack, where one of the SFP's is LX & the other is SX?

Has anyone tried this?

Cheers

Colin

7 Replies 7

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

c.walsh wrote:

Can you configure a cross stack etherchannel group between 2 gig ports on a 3750 stack, where one of the SFP's is LX & the other is SX?

Has anyone tried this?

Cheers

Colin

Colin

Etherchannel does not care about the actual media so it should work fine. For example i have configured standard etherchannel using a combination of copper and fiber ports with no problems. As long as speed/duplex etc. are the same then it should work.

Jon

hi

If you are using one end SX connector other end also should  be SX connector

You can use either copper or fiber media for ether channal or both mixed but physical link should be up

for that we need to use same type of connectors

SX wave lenth is different and LX wave lenth is different this will not communicate each other.

regards

krishna

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

c.walsh wrote:

Has anyone tried this?

Cheers

Colin

Colin

Krishna has read the question differently from me and either of us could be right. I read it that you had an SX connection (from another switch) and an LX connection from an other switch and i can't see an issue of bundling these together.

I think Krishna read it that you had multiple links with SX at one end and LX at the other. I agree with his answer for that case.

Jon

Jon

I also agreed your point , we can do bundle either SX or LX,  the media the physical link should be up, my point is we cannot mix the media for establish physical connectivity.

Hope I answered correctly

Colin : have you tried the Ether channel bundles

regards

krishna kumar

The toplogoy is....

2 x 3750 switches in a stack at both ends.

2 x LES circuits between the 2 sites.

Site A has one LES connected with SX multimode fibre & one LES connected with LX singlemode fibre.

Site B is configured the same way

We have configured a cross stack etherchannel at each end consisting of 2 x 1 gig LES circuits (1 is LX at both ends & the other is SX at both ends).

This solution works fine.

hi

Good to hear thanks for reply

regards

krishna

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as it goes to the same host/client.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card