ccie sp atm switch

Unanswered Question
Jan 15th, 2010

I'm in the process of slowly but surely building a home lab for the rest of ccip and ccie sp studying, i learn much better and retain information better when i can actually do it rather that just read it, routers are easy to come by and decide on, i am having an issue though with the atm switch, the ls1010 or cat8500 look like my best bets, ls1010 being cheaper, knowing that its essentially the same chassis as a 5505 and reading this it makes it seem like i can just get a 5505 and throw one of the cards in "Table 4" in and some ls1010 interface cards and have an atm switch.  am i reading that right or is there more to it?  i can probably do it alot more effeciently/cheaper if i can use a cat5500 chassis rather than an ls1010 due to how common they are

thanks again for your time

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Armando Yesua G... Mon, 01/18/2010 - 11:02

Dynamips is not a good option ?

A lot of my collegues use it, and we think it's easier, cheaper and the best way to go.

snsjustin Tue, 01/19/2010 - 04:46

i like dynamips, it is a good solution, but you cant simulate a ls1010 or cat8500 with it.  you can do everything with dynamips except atm svc's, you need a real atm switch for that, im just trying to figure out all my options of atm switches so i can start shopping it out and making sure im buying something that is going to work

This Discussion