Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a delay of 3 or 4 seconds to 911 route pattern using an MGCP gateway

cesar.fiestas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having several users calling 911 in the past few days...we have 2 patterns 911 and 9911, of course we have been getting several calls from 911 about hang ups!....so my thought is to somehow add a delay of 3 to 4 seconds before routing the call to the pstn, I have a ucm 7.1.3, cluster with an mgcp gateway to the pstn. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to move the inter digit timeout to that time and create a pattern that overlaps with 911.

Changing the IDT affects ALL calls

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello,

What I end up doing was create a translation 911 to a cti route point to a unity call handler with a recording ....connecting to 911 please wait...then passing the call to 911 to the vg...(the recording its about 3 to 4 secs long) enought for the user to realized that he / she is about to make a 911 call and hopefully hang up....Thanks guys for your help!

Cesar Fiestas

Be careful with that. If Unity fails, then the call is going to fail and you have no 911 pattern.

Make sure you have a call foward rull for 911 to another pattern to translate to 911 and go outbound to PSTN.  (similar to how we setup CER)

You can also create a route pattern "911X"   Then adjust your interdigit timeout to say 5 seconds.   CallManager will wait for 5 seconds for the "X" digit.  No digit, it will send 911 to the PSTN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: