Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with Facebook.com

David Rocha
Level 1
Level 1

I've just recently began having issues with access to

facebook.com in my organization. (Within the past two weeks). I'm assuming the latest upgrade

may have started this issue. The page intermittently has issues on most users systems

(but not all). The page fails to load fully.

Usually the browser shows invalid character errors in some javascript code

as well as other lines of code showing as undefined which also causes t

he css portions of code not to load. I've even tried adding facebook.com to my whitelist

and even to the proxy bypass without luck.

I can reboot my Ironport S650 device and am able to access the site while the filter is down, but once the filter has reloaded, the problems arise again.

Has anyone else had similar issues? I'm afraid these issues may also have an affect on other sites as well, but currently is only noticed on Facebook.

7 Replies 7

john.phillips
Level 1
Level 1

I too had an issue with facebook as you describe. I logged a ticket with support and I got this back after they investigated

"This is an issue with AsyncOS and how certain pages including Facebook are cached and then sent to the client.
This issue has been identified and filed as defect 66076.
The fix is currently under implementation and is scheduled to be included in the upcoming maintenance release of AsyncOS within Q1 2010.
In the meantime, the workaround would be to exclude the URLs from being cached by the appliance."

It only affected me after upgrading to 6.3.1-025 for Web

After adding the following to the webcache I could get to facebook without issue.

(webcache -> ignore -> domains)

1: facebook.com
2: .facebook.com
3: .fbcdn.net

The last one was the real key one to add

Hope that temporarily fixes it for you as well.

Thank you for your response - it was very helpful.

Yep, this cleared up the text only display for me as well.
I hope that new release is soon. Not scalable and reports of a number of other sites acting the same way.

We are having the same problems here with facebook but also with other websites in the past.

Within IE you can also use CTRL F5 and the webpage shows correct

added the website as IGNORE DOMAIN on the CLI WEBCACHE and it works perfectly

but it is a workarround and not a solution, for the moment it is oke.

tnx

Hi,

AsyncOS 6.3.3 for Web is now available as the latest FCS release.

6.3.3 contains a fix for the issue discussed here. If you are affected, you can get in touch with support and ask to be provisioned...

Release notes can be found on our support portal:

http://www.ironport.com/support/

Not sure what FCS means? Find the answer here: http://tinyurl.com/yzm4ysu

Cheers,

Jakob

ALEX CULVER
Level 1
Level 1

I have another issue, i need to allow access to a particular facebook page, not the complete site, but www.facebook.com/honorflight93.

is there a way to allow access to this particular site/page without allowing access to the entire facebook site?

-ac

You try regex see  link below, instead of block, set to allow:

How do I block image search which contains certain words?

http://tinyurl.com/2mlm8k

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: