CCNP cert progress

Unanswered Question
Jan 17th, 2010

I completed my CCNA in May of 2006. I took the 642-811 exam in Dec of 2006. At that time to my knowledge i was able to make that exam count towards my CCNP even though 1/1/2007 Cisco changed the CCNP course. So, two years later i took my BSCI in Nov of 2008 and my ISCW in Dec 2008. Now i have scheduled my last CCNP exam, the ONT exam for this friday. I went to my cert login to check the status of my CCNP and it has no information regarding the BCMSN 642-811!!! All of my CCNP exams showing in the Cert Progress say Valid beginning 01/01/2007 ! Does anyone know why my BCMSN exam isn't showing and why it would say Valid beginning 01/01/2007? This seems very unfair if i have to retake that exam. Thanks in advance for any information and advice!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
chris.macleod Mon, 01/18/2010 - 00:40

Hi,

I believe that from taking your first CCNP exam you have three years to complete the certification.  Your BCMSN would have expired last month.

Thanks

Chris

mpzinkann Mon, 01/18/2010 - 14:27

I passed my BSCI and ISCW in Nov and Dec of

08. I am taking my ONT this thursday, assuming i pass it i should have untill Nov of 2011 to retake my expired BCMSN, not 6 months, correct?

correct. if you pass all 4 by July 31 2010 you 'll have your CCNP  (valid for 3yr period)

and your link - that is the unclear part. as I said before - BSCI & BCMSN state clearly that they can be used instead for the new exams. for ISCW & ONT I understand the text as they will not hold for the new TSHOOT and if you do not complete all 4 you'll have to take it anyway

http://ITDualism.wordpress.com

Actions

This Discussion