cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP /CUPC unable to add contacts to group

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, new install of CUP and CUPC - all works fine, status updates, directory search etc except I cannot add a user to a group . I can search and find the user but cannot add (buttons are not greyed out). All users have an ldap profile.  TIA...Jeff

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Can you change your own status from 'Available' to 'Away' and change it back from 'Away' to 'Available'?

If that worked fine, it might be a bug.  Could you get the following output from CUPS command line?

run sql select * from epascontactgroup

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

CUPS 8.x won't work with CUPC 7.x.  The database architecture was changed due to Jabbra integration.

Michael

Jeff,

Please upgrade to the latest version of CUP, and see if you still have the

issue.  I have seen some similar errors here in the lab that have since been

resolved with later builds of CUP.  The version you are using is one of the

earlier ones.

Louis

12 Replies 12

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Can you change your own status from 'Available' to 'Away' and change it back from 'Away' to 'Available'?

If that worked fine, it might be a bug.  Could you get the following output from CUPS command line?

run sql select * from epascontactgroup

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply.

I can change my own status as you describe and my status changes fine when I'm on the phone, etc

I can also IM and ring a contact once I have searched for them - I just can' t add the contact to the general group or any other group that i create. Probably incompatible CUPC client (7.02)  and CUP s/w (8.x).

The output from the command you requested does not prooduce anything on the screen or is there a file that it should produce?

The following is on the screen but no data with it:

pkid fkenduser name index isdefault

CUPS 8.x won't work with CUPC 7.x.  The database architecture was changed due to Jabbra integration.

Michael

Thanks Michael,

i will wait ( and wait! ) for a compatible CUPC client,

Jeff

CUP 8.0(1), FCS 1QCY10, will support CUPC 7.0(x) and CUPC 7.1(x) SIP based endpoints.

3rd Party XMPP clients are also supported.

CUP 8.0(2), FCS 2QCY10, will support all the clients mentioned above, as well as CUPC 8.x.

What software versions are you using for each?

Louis

Hi Louis,

thanks for the update, much appreciated.

I'm afraid I only have CUP at 8.0.0.39041-30 and CUPC 7.02 - most presence status updates and CTI control  works fine. Just can't add Contacts (due to incompatibility - see Michael's answer). Calendar integration works a treat now after your earlier reply to my issue - thanks again.

Obviously the new xmpp features don't work.

Any idea when the versions you state will be available ?

Regards

Jeff

You should be able to get the latest refresh of CUP 8.0 from the same place

you got the earlier versions.  CUPC 7.0(2) is a supported client with CUP 8.0.

Can you capture a Problem Report from CUPC of the issue?

Louis

Louis,

I have not updated the Cup yet but here is the problem report with the existing versions. CUPC User is jeffs and I tried to add user chrisn (not sure if you need this).

thanks

Jeff

Louis

any luck with the files i provided ?

Jeff,

Please upgrade to the latest version of CUP, and see if you still have the

issue.  I have seen some similar errors here in the lab that have since been

resolved with later builds of CUP.  The version you are using is one of the

earlier ones.

Louis

Loius

thanks, that worked a treat,

Jeff

have you folks run into the issue, where when you modify an

existing contact in cupc that has special characters, i.e. O'Connor, it won't save any changes to

their contact info.

trying to add add'l mobile number to their contact, from cupc, and when clicking save get the error msg stating no special characters allowed in last name.

???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: