cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 /Ut reports doesn' see ip phones.

richard.tetu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello , Dears all,

I have encountered a major issue under LMS 3.2.

When a report has been launched under CM , the report don't mention the ip phones.I have asked to see in the switch 4506 concerned :

• mac addresses
  • vlan voice

The both are seen but the report mention any ip phone. I have checked the ut.log and saw nothing seems corrupted.

The ping sweep has been enable and the ut.properties is in accordance of what should be expected.

Did someone  has any  idea ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you see the mac addresses of the ipphone but not the extentions and users then Campus can't get this info from the callmanager.

Make sure campus has the callmanager(s) in its devicelist and that callmanager is reachable via snmp.

Cheers,

Micel

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't understand what you're asking.  What report did you launch specifically?  What does the report show?  Exactly what details do you expect to see (e.g. phone number, registered CCM, etc.)?

ok ,

My customer has made this kind of report by this manner :

• He has selected :

Campus Manager >User Tracking>  Quick Report

> Seclect type , then he has chosen . ip phones

. Device name { where is the name of the switch who managed the voice vlan } ------------------> any ip-phones are  filled under the collumms

•      When he is doing a show mac adresses aor a show vlan : he saw  ip phones and vlan associated.

We have tried to do it under the prompt from /campus/bin:

> UT -cli  with - queryPhones

Richard

If you see the mac addresses of the ipphone but not the extentions and users then Campus can't get this info from the callmanager.

Make sure campus has the callmanager(s) in its devicelist and that callmanager is reachable via snmp.

Cheers,

Micel

Thanks Michel.

Yes, that 's true , the VOIP management system is not CCM but an Alcatel one, and not entered under the devices list

But there is nothing viewed under the quick report:

Neither, the mac adresse nor the IpPhones:    

•      At least , i think that the report should  showed us the mac adresses.

Any idea ?

Should i open an SR for that ?

I think yes.

I think you may wish to check if the default gateway of the ipphones is managed by ciscoworks.

That is a requirement for user/phone tracking to work.

I think then at least you should see mac + IP.

The cisco ipphone should be seen via CDP as well I guess but I'm not sure when campus decides something is an ipphone

an SR is probably the fastest to get a sollution or definite answer as to wheter it may work.

Cheers

Michel

I have open an SR and did:

• Launch the "sample.txt " example , like it's explained under

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/database_schema/guide/dbviews.html to have , exactly, on the LMS server ( Windows) the Campus view .

I have requested to select the End_Hosts table. I have selected the following data:

VlanId, MACAddress, VLAN, IPAddress, LastSeen, HostName, Device

While the result of these output show us the variable filled up, the end hosts report under CAMPUS MANAGER, launched from LMS, don't show them.

Richard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: