Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1140 and 1250 series WLAN solution

rprudent
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

I am looking for a wireless solution to be intergrated into an existing LAN.  It is a 3 story building with many wall and segregations seperating rooms etc.  I want to enable wireless capability throughout the building.  I was looking at the Aironet 1250 anf 1140 series as possible soltuions. I looked at the directional and omnidirectional antennas options. Should I get like one 1250 with omnidirectional antennas for whereever has the most clients and rooms closely together and 1140's with directional (hallways and similar etc)  and omnidirectional (other floos and scattered rooms) respectively.  Also I want to use one SSID throughout. Is this possible and does it need to be configure on both clients and AP's or only on AP's. I want clients to connect seamlessly wherever they are in the building.  Is this solution good? Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kindly refrain from making multiple post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: