Views
Helpful
Replies

NetPro Errors Using Google Chrome

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I hope this is the right venue for this.

Since the maintenance that was completed last week, I am seeing issues when trying to use the NetPro forums. If I attempt to login, I am giving a login prompt with the following message: "The server fed.cisco.com:443 at Root Protected requires a username and password.". If I attempt to login with my account, it rejects the login. If I cancel the prompt, it just reappears.

I am also seeing this login prompt when browsing though the forms as a guest, but I after I cancel the prompt a few times, I am able to use the forums as normal. I am seeing the same issue from multiple computers running Chrome, but not seeing any issues with IE or Firefox.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maria,

Google Chrome isn't supported by our platform which is why you're getting these errors.  I apologize, not much I can do for you all here.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Adam,

I will have IT investigate this and we'll get back to you.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan,

I hope this is the right place to report this, I've recently installed google chrome and trying to get access to CLN, and getting a very similar error as Adam reported...

"The server fed.cisco.com:443 at Root Protected requires a username and

password.". If I attempt to login with my account, it rejects the login. If I cancel the prompt, it

just reappears"

Any thoughts to a solution?

Hi Dan,

I am joining the team of Google Chrome supporters. After you fixed the site performance it became more noticeable that Google Chrome works faster for me than Firefox. But, because of this issue with login, I use Chrome for browsing and Firefox for posting to the site. It has been several weeks since the last time I tried to login with Chrome. When trying to login with Chrome today, I get the following message:

Page Expired
To protect privacy and enhance security, the page you are trying to access is no longer available.

Kind Regards,

Maria

Maria,

Google Chrome isn't supported by our platform which is why you're getting these errors.  I apologize, not much I can do for you all here.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Dan,

Thank you for the update and for stating that Chrome is not a supported browser.

For those of you that still want to use Chrome to browse the Support Forums, I have found a little workaround for my problem.

1) Login to Cisco.com first

2) In the same browser session, browse to the Support Forums

3) Click on the Login link at the top.

This will log you in to the Support Forums without causing any error messages. On some occasions, I do get the small window asking me to authenticate, but after clicking cancel, it logs me in. I am able to browse, post & reply without any further issues.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam,

This is my first post using Google Chrome after following the advice you posted. There are some minor issues, but it looks like it generally works.

Thanks,

Maria

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links