cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Designer and InformaCast???

David Wolgast
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use Cisco Unified Phone Designer 7.1(3) with my 7975 and CUCM 6.1(4).  we also use InformaCast 6.

InformaCast requires that the phones use the InformaCast server for authentication.  However, I find that when the phone has the IC URL for authentication, I get "Unknown Error" when I attempt to upload a wallpaper or ringtone to the phone.  It works fine when I change the phone to use the standard CUCM Auth URL.

Is there any was to maintain the IC URL and work around the authentication issue?

Any help is appreciated!!!

1 Reply 1

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

In informacast under telephony configuration, there is a URL you need to enter for the "next authentication URL".  that should be something like below.

http:// ip address>:8080/ccmcip/authenticate.jsp

Did you set that?

So if you have informacast set as your url authentication in CUCM and informacast recieves a authentication request not meant for it, then it will forward it to the url specified in "next authentication URL.  Hope this helps and please rate, thanks.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: