cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA962 and SPA942 bug in REGISTER method - how to report?

jeremyardley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've discovered a very simple bug in the latest firmware 6.1.5(a) for SPA962 and SPA942

When one of these phones registers with a SIP Registrar they includes an allow header of

Allow: ACK, BYE, CANCEL, INFO, INVITE, NOTIFY, OPTIONS, REFER

The problem is that the phones also support the MESSAGE method when enabled in the supplementary services section. Hence the Allows line should be

Allow: ACK, BYE, CANCEL, INFO, INVITE, NOTIFY, OPTIONS, REFER, MESSAGE

A strict registrar will not forward MESSAGE methods to the phone as it is not in the Allowed methods.

I would like  to report this bug. How can I do this?

Also, are there any other presently known bugs for these phones? I have a number of issues with BLF subscriptions failing permanently if there is a monentary network outage. I am interested to know if there will be a newer firmware verison that fixes some of these problems?

4 Replies 4

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeremy;

I'll escalate this to engineering support to replicate and if needed open a bug.

Regards;
Alberto

Dear sir;

This defect has been loaded into the system as CSCte50751. Stay tuned for resolution.

Regards

Alberto

Hi,

I'm sorry to ask here but I can't view CSCte50751 as it's an internal bug. Just wondering if there's any indication of potential resolution.

Thanks,

Chris Stone

I'm staying tuned but think I might have the wrong frequency :(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: