cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6921 SURL Button issue

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

I can successfully use extension mobility on a 6921 handset and able to login and logout using the settings button.

If I bind a SURL to the second button and attempt to use EM from there I get a 207 Device Name Empty

I can replicate the configuration on a 7941 handset with the SURL button and it works well.

10 Replies 10

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

I have the same issue.

Any solution for this anyone?

Hi

What firmware are you running on the 7921?

There is a bug fixed in 1.0(2) (CSCsh35597) relating to this...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/5_0_1/english/firmware/1_0_0/release/notes/rn7921_2_1030.pdf

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Its a 6921 we are talking about not the 7921.

Oops

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Yes this is a 6921 phone with fw 8.5.3.0 running on Communications Manager 7.1.3.10000-11

Thats fine Aaron...Thanks for posting anyways..

Heath, I am running the same firmware version with CUCM 7.1.3. I am gonna try upgrade to 9.0.2. If you have already tested with it let me know how it went!

I have not upgraded FW as of yet.. Please let me know how you go.

Thanks

nandocesar
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem with firmware 8.5.3.

Now i´m using version 9.0.2 and this problem were solved.

Thats good news thanks.

I havea uploaded the firmware but when resetting the phones they don't actually take the upgrade. I have had an issue with the 7965s where I had to hold the # key at power up and press all the keys on the keypad to do a reset..

I don't want to do that on 1000 handsets.

sujimansuadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

May i know how u successfully configure 6921 with EM? cause i'm having trouble with this model to subscribe with services.

everytime i go into Services option, it prompt "Error! services unavailable". I've checked the URL for directory it look like this:

https://:8080/ccmcip/getservicesmenu.jsp

there's no problem for any other model deployed here such as 7911, 7940, 7960, 7961 & 7975.

Appreciate any kind of help. Thanks.

regards,

ss

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: