Can you dial a person who you are monitoring directly from the client

Can you dial the monitored person from the client

Sorry for the obvious questions but I`ve not used the client before

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

walshliam
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cups 7 installed and running. So far we have not found a way to import a contact list. It would be  great if you could.

You can dial any contact in your list as long as you have a Softphone or Deskphone configured.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

walshliam
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cups 7 installed and running. So far we have not found a way to import a contact list. It would be  great if you could.

You can dial any contact in your list as long as you have a Softphone or Deskphone configured.

Thanks for the reply.

A further question  Do you have the CUPC and phone tied together so their status is seen as one - regardness of what device you make a call it is seen as a single status to other users?

yes, if i am busy on any of my phones my status reflects that. Also, you can manually set your status in the client (busy, away, etc.).

Hi, we now have CUPS working but I can not see a ringing user who I`m monitoring- should I be able to see this. I want to see the status of a user . I can see them when they are busy via the "BLF" icon on the client but not when someone is ringing them?

thanks

First of all, you need to make sure the phone presence integration has done.  This includes:

1) Create a SIP trunk from CUCM to CUPS

2) Make sure the trunk is a CUP PUBLISH TRUNK in CUCM > System > Service Parameters

3) On each device > DN > at the bottom of the page, make sure you have end user ID associated with the line.

Get the monitor phone off hook and see if the status changed.

Second, CUPS won't be able to monitor "ringing" status.  It can only monitor "offhook" status.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Micheal,

Thanks for the reply, do you know if OCS does this ringing state?. I`ve seen and used it on other Presence  apps- Litescape. I`ve been installing CUPS as per your  book.

It seems I can only observe presence of someone who is already a CUPS user - is this correct? If I add a user via the User options page - one a CUPS user and the other not, the CUPS target is a Presence while the non-CUPS user is a Speed Dial ?

thanks   

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: