Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Abbreveiated dial soft key ot present in line2

Hi

I have a query regarding abbreveiated dailing.

Actually i am using CUCM ver 7.0(1)

IP Phone: 7940.7945,7960 etc

The problem i am facing is that from Line 1 i can get the abbreviated dailing soft key for speed dialing that i have configured in the ccmuse page from my login

But when i use line 2 in that case the Abb dialing soft key is hidden so i cann't use speed dial for line 2 that i have configured in ccmuser page.

Plz let me know is it the default behaviour or can i get the abb dial soft key for line2 for speed dialing.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rupam,

This is the default behaviour for all "On Hook" Abbreviated Dials for CUCM versions

prior to 7.1(2).

This behaviour does change in the "newer" CUCM versions. This info was nicely provided by Top Netpro Ginger;

Off-Hook Abbreviated Dialing

Cisco Unified Communications Manager release 7.1(2) (firmware 8.5(2)) introduces Off-Hook Abbreviated Dialing. The user can initiate Off-Hook Abbreviated Dialing while conferencing a call, while transferring a call, or while placing a new call after putting a call on hold.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note The phone must be assigned a softkey set that includes the AbbrDial softkey before it can be used. The softkey can be assigned by using the Softkey Template Configuration for the following states-Offhook, Offhook with Feature, and Digits After First.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following Cisco Unified IP Phones (SCCP and SIP) support Off-Hook Abbreviated Dialing:

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7975G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7971G-GE

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7970G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7965G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G-GE

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7945G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G-GE

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7931G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911G

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/firmware/8_5_2/english/release/notes/7900_852.html#wp158457

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

But my  question is i am getting the abb dial soft key option while dialing from line 1

But for line 2 the abb dial softkey is hidden.

Thanks

Hi Rupam,

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain that very well

The relationship between Line 1 and Abbreviated Dial is "hard set" in

all  previous CUCM versions due to the fact that that AbbrDial only worked

in an "On-Hook" state. As soon as you try to use Line 2 - x you are no longer

in an "On Hook" state and the AbbrDial Softkey is not presented. This cannot be changed

via any config or parameter setting.

**This is the default behaviour for all "On Hook" Abbreviated Dials for CUCM versions

prior to 7.1(2)**

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: