Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP Ports

Amine-K
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have deployed CVP solution (2 CVP Call Servers + 2 CVP VXML Servers) with UCCE.

We have ordered 400 ports.

Now, to increase the capacity of the solution in term of CPS, we are planning to add 2 new Call Servers by installing CVP Call Server component on the VXML servers.

What do we need in term of licensing? 2 new server licenses?

Do we need additional ports licenses?

Thanks for all.

3 Replies 3

I don't deal with the purchase side much, so you might want to confirm with someone who does, but my understanding is that you will need both a server license, which is really cheap and then you'll need to pay for any additional call server ports (not cheap) you might need.

david

Hi,

If I need to keep my 400 ports on the four servers (2 old + 2 new), do I have to purchase ports for the new ones?
Thanks

Those ports are yours and can be allocated however you want, across 2, 3, or 4 servers.  However, once you allocate the licenses you will have to open an SR with Cisco to get a new PAK generated to be able to move the licenses around.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: