cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 7.1.3 NTP third generation phines

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a callmanager Business Edtion 7.1.3. When I set the NTP on the server all is okay.I can set a timezone offset and the server and ntp status are correct.

When I set up a ntp referenece for the phones and create a DTG, the newer phones (7945g) will not display the

correct time. It is like they are iginoring the offset, No matter what I try.. I ended up removing all ntp references and setting the time on the server to the correct time and all is okay.

Is this a bug in 7,1.3 fixed in 7,1.3a or do upi need an offset file on the phone,?

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What time zone are you using?

I am eastern time zone

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

This is a feature instead of a bug.

On CUCM 7.1.3, the timezone architecture was changed so it'll be more adaptive to future DST changes.

If your phone's firmware version is lower than 9.0 (which I guess it is), you'll have to choose a timezone with the * at the end.  The timezone without * at the end will only work with firmware 9.0 and above.

What timezone have you choosen from CUCM DTG?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

I had to remove it so I will go back and check to see.. Thank you.. I know that the

third generation phones do the offset calculation now and I seen something about a file on the phoneon the release

notes but I couldn't see where to get the file.

You are right Iam at 8.5 I think which was anothe issue.Let me verify.

I used GMT -5:00 America/Toronto which does NOT have the *.. So what you are saying

is if I change the dtg to   GMT05:00 America/New York * it should work

??

If so thank you

Yes, if you use New York *, it'll work.

Michael

I will test.. I tried everything and ended up backing out the NTP on the server as I was stuck..

I will let you know