cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager 7.1.3 NTP third generation phines

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a callmanager Business Edtion 7.1.3. When I set the NTP on the server all is okay.I can set a timezone offset and the server and ntp status are correct.

When I set up a ntp referenece for the phones and create a DTG, the newer phones (7945g) will not display the

correct time. It is like they are iginoring the offset, No matter what I try.. I ended up removing all ntp references and setting the time on the server to the correct time and all is okay.

Is this a bug in 7,1.3 fixed in 7,1.3a or do upi need an offset file on the phone,?

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What time zone are you using?

I am eastern time zone

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

This is a feature instead of a bug.

On CUCM 7.1.3, the timezone architecture was changed so it'll be more adaptive to future DST changes.

If your phone's firmware version is lower than 9.0 (which I guess it is), you'll have to choose a timezone with the * at the end.  The timezone without * at the end will only work with firmware 9.0 and above.

What timezone have you choosen from CUCM DTG?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

I had to remove it so I will go back and check to see.. Thank you.. I know that the

third generation phones do the offset calculation now and I seen something about a file on the phoneon the release

notes but I couldn't see where to get the file.

You are right Iam at 8.5 I think which was anothe issue.Let me verify.

I used GMT -5:00 America/Toronto which does NOT have the *.. So what you are saying

is if I change the dtg to   GMT05:00 America/New York * it should work

??

If so thank you

Yes, if you use New York *, it'll work.

Michael

I will test.. I tried everything and ended up backing out the NTP on the server as I was stuck..

I will let you know

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: