Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1.3 upgrade to 6.1 Raid question

etmarcof
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have cluster of CCM 4.1. an i will upgrade to 6.1. and my servers are MCS 7825-I1.

I have read in documentation that is recommend for backup porpuses to remove hard-drive on slot 0  and insert a new disk in slot 0 before upgrade and if upgrade fails i could return back. My question is if is realy necessary to insert a new disk couldn't i do the upgrade only wiht one disk inserted in slot 1?

Also for MCS 7835-H1 this also necessary?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

MC

3 Replies 3

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

It's recommended but not necessary.

Michael

walshliam
Level 1
Level 1

I am not 100%, but I am fairly certain the upgarde will not run unless you have all drives inserted.

This is the process we used:

shut down server, remove drive 0, label it and store it somewhere safe, restart the server without the drive, install a new drive, let it replicate, Upgrade!

In the even of a failure, shut down, remove all drives, insert the "old" drive on slot 0, reboot.

Good Luck.

Ah...you're right.  I forgot that CUCM actually will do hardware detect on upgrade.  If it didn't detect enough hard drive, it'll quit.

So you need to insert another HDD.

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: