I have been trying to install a certificate on my WLC 4400 but keep having problems.
I have a WLC 4400 Software Version 184.108.40.206. I read the documenation and did as reccomended. I created my CSR using OpenSSL, uploaded to CA (InstantSSL/Comodo), converted my chained certificates into a single PEM using OpenSSL and uploaded to my WLC. The problem is that I get an "Upload Failed" whenever I try to upload this chained certificate PEM. I don't get an error if I just the certificate for my device but this still gives an error that the certificate is un-trusted.
I fear my problem might be that there are too many intermediate certificates. I read somewhere that there can only be 2, is this correct?
My chained certificate looks like this:
- Root CA Certificate - AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt
- Intermediate CA Certificate - UTNAddTrustSGCCA.crt
- Intermediate CA Certificate - ComodoUTNSGCCA.crt
- Intermediate CA Certificate - EssentialSSLCA_2.crt
- Your Free SSL Certificate - wifi_mydomain.crt
If this is indeed the problem, any reccomendations for a CA that has fewer intermediate certificates?