cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA942 does not invite music on hold server VIA outbound proxy?

erickjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm developing a music on hold server and I'm testing with a Linksys SPA942 on firmware 6.1.5(a).

My current settings for the SPA942 have the outbound proxy configured to my proxy server and

the values for "Use OB Proxy In Dialog" and "Use Outbound Proxy" are set to "yes".

I also have the SIP URI of my music on hold server in the "MOH Server" field of Ext1 in for form

moh@1.2.3.4:5060

When a call to Ext 1 is placed on hold the SIP INVITE to the music on hold server is sent directly

to the MOH on hold server at IP address 1.2.3.4 rather than my configured outbound proxy.

I can send a pcap trace and my phone configuration settings to whomever can help me.

Have I missed a setting here? Or is this a bug?

Thanks

Erick

7 Replies 7

erickjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone confirm that this does or does not work?

Dear sir;

Please send the traces to have a look. I believe this should work.

Regards;
Alberto

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for responding.  Attached is a wireshark packet capture of a call

from hiro@example.onsip.com (on the linksys) to  7007@example.onsip.com

(on an eyebeam).  hiro@example.onsip.com puts 7007 on hold and the

invite is sent directly to the music on hold server rather than through the

configured outbound proxy.

Also attached is the configuration for the Linksys SPA.  I have blurred

the "Auth ID" of Ext 1 in the uploaded version of the file here, however

on the phone it is configured correctly.

Message was edited by: erickjohnson removed attached files

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

Thanks for the traces. Crystal clear now. I'm escalating this to engineering support to understand/confirm whether this is a bug. I'll let you know our conclusion as soon as made.

regards
Alberto

Dear Sir;

Loaded defect number CSCte64251. Stay tuned for resolution.

Regards
Alberto

Thank you

hi again,

is there any time frame for the release of new firmware for the SPA942, the 6.1.5a firmware is still the latest firmware for the phone according to:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/PlatformList.x?sftType=IP+Telephone+Firmware&mdfid=282414124&treeName=Voice+and+Unified+Communications&mdfLevel=Model&url=null&modelName=Cisco+SPA942+4-line+IP+Phone+with+2-port+Switch&isPlatform=N&treeMdfI...

if there is a time frame, is defect CSCte64251 slated to be patched in that release?

cheers,

erick johnson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: