cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cant hear ring when auto attendant tranfers a call

rcummins89
Level 1
Level 1

if i am calling from an outside line directly to the auto attendant which has been set up with a did the aa answers and tranfers the call but you can not hear ringing on the outside line when the call is transfered - it must ring on the user side because they answer.  anyone ever encountered this?  i am using a sip service and have set up all my phones to use g729a codec.

4 Replies 4

mihagan
Level 1
Level 1

Go under the Line # tab that you have registered and scroll to the very bottom of the screen. You will see an option called XFER Bridge Mode. Set this option to "All except same line".

If this does not correct your issue it would be best for you to post your configuration and edit out your registration information so that we can get a clear idea of how your device is configured.

will this still work if this line is set up with a sip trunk - it will be a couple of days till im in front of the pbx

Let me get some clarification.

You say that you do not hear ringing when the AA transfers the call, where is the call being transferred to? Is the AA transferring the call to an external number (such as a call landing on the AA and then the caller selects a prompt which then forwards the call back out the trunk to an external number)  or is it just sending the call to an internal extension?

it is being transfered to an internal extension

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: