CallManager 4.2 CAR Scheduler Stopping

Unanswered Question
Jan 19th, 2010

The issue is that the CAR Scheduler is stopping. Sometimes after several weeks, sometimes sooner. This of course means the records from the CDR DB is not populated into the ART DB, and for reports run after the Service has stopped, you get No Data Avail In Selected Range. When the CAR Scheduler is started again, the records are populated again from the last time the scheduler stopped, and there is no data missing in the ART DB, until the Scheduler eventually stops again. Even though this will run successfully for weeks at a time, I checked all configs and logs, and have found nothing out of place. Again, I never see any events or errors in any logs. When the Scheduler is running, the CDR Load events are always successful. The issue is purely that the scheduler will just stop after a couple weeks (average), and you then have to manually start it again.

Several months ago found Bug CSCsi64193, so the following patches were run to try and correct:

Went from CM 4.2(1)sr1b to 4.2(3)sr4b

Went from OS 2000.4.3aSR3 to OS 2000.4.6SR9

** Scheduler stopped again after several weeks

Saw a link stating that it is not recommended to have the CAR Scheduler running and allowing Uninhibited Loading of CDRs concurrently. So, I disabled the Uninhibited Loading of CDRs.

** CAR Scheduler ran successfully for about 4 weeks, but stopped again.

Any ideas on what is stopping this service after it runs clean for several weeks?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion