cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA9000 & SPA942 line configuration

paulkovac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I am currently configuring a SPA9000.

I am having a little trouble and really need some help.

I have setup two sperate SIP services both with unique inbound numbers on line 1 and 2. At the moment they both bi-pass the AA and ring straight to Ext.100.

The problems is that when the phone rings it does not tell me on the screen which line the call is coming in on. Is there a way to display on the screen of the SPA942 which line the call is coming in on, even better can I display an alias name for that line?

Thanks

Paul

5 Replies 5

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

The easiest way is to setup in the phone two different extensions (e.g. 100 and 101) and perform call routing L1:100 and then Line 2:101....

Regards
Alberto

Thanks for the reply,

so how do you exactly enable 2 EXT's on one SPA942 and give them 2 different extension numbers?

In the SPA942 config

Ext 1 is setup like so

Proxy and Registration

Proxy: 192.168.0.10:6060

Subscriber Information

User ID: 100

How do I setup Ext 2 to use Ext 101?

Do I need to enter the proxy in Ext 2, if so do I use the same settings as in Ext 1 or do I have to use a different Port No?

And were do I enter the routing code and in what format? Is it like this (<:L1:100,2:101,3,4>9xx.)

Cheers

Paul

OK I have finally had a win.

In the SPA942 config:

Ext 1 is setup like so

Proxy and Registration

Subscriber Information

User ID: 100

Ext 2 is setup like so

Proxy and Registration

Subscriber Information

User ID: 101

In the SPA9000 config:

Under: LINE 1: Subscriber Information > Contact List: 100

Under: LINE 2: Subscriber Information > Contact List: 101

Call Routing Rule: (<:L1,2,3,4>9xx.)

Under: SIP > Subscriber Information > Group 1 Line: L1:100

Under: SIP > Subscriber Information > Group 2 Line: L1:100

This now all seems to work.

I have tried making a call to each line and the line 1 or line 2 button will flash depending on which line the call is coming in on.

So in this case what is doing the the xfer is it the "Contact List" setting under each Line setting or is it the "Group Line" settings under SIP > PBX Parameters?

Paul

Now that that is out of the way the next little issue that has plagued me for many hours is the AA system.

All I want to do is:

During The Day

If a call comes in on LINE 1 only, play prompt1 followed by an immediate transfer to Ext.100, if the Ext is busy transfer the caller to Ext.100 Voicemail. (The system does not have to respond to any key strokes)

During The Night

If a call comes in on LINE 1 only, play prompt2 and give the user the option to leave a voicemail message on Ext.100 Voicemmail

I have already spend many hours reading and trying my very best to design these script but they just fail at every attempt.

Someone has offered me this for the Day Script but it will not transfer the call after the anouncment.

The other thing I need to know is do I need a dial plan for what I want and if what what would it be?

Thanks for the help so far a really appreciate you assistance on this.

Paul

Dear Sir;

- On the Phone Web UI [ext 2] copy same dial plan as [ext 1], as well as same proxy and include account 101. Make sure you create the voicemail account for this line as well.

- On the SPA9000 line 2, include contact list: 101, and the cfwd number to the number you want

Regards
Alberto