UC 500 Behind SA500

Unanswered Question

Ok, So I have a new SA520 that I have installed in front of my UC500.

So not only do I loose 8 SSL seats, I have also lost SSL VPN support for 64 Bit OS's and Windows 7.

This does not help us and is two steps backwards.

Is there a way I can map through the SSL to the UC and get my 10 seats back and my 64 bit support?

Can I merely map port 443 through the SA to the UC and be good?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Glenn Quesenberry Mon, 01/25/2010 - 11:52
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Yogi,  I've asked for clarification on this from the applicable product team.  I'll be watching this with you for an answer.

Best Regards,

Glenn Q.

No this doesnt work for me.  This is the normal way to hook it up.  The issue is that not only do I loose my 10 SSL seats that I have on the UC, the SA doesnt support 64 bit clients or Windows 7.  So now that I have installed it, I cant run CIPC as my clients at home are either 64bit or Windows 7.

If I could pass the SSL traffic through the SA and on to the UC, I have 64 bit and W7 support and i have my 10 seats back.

Steven Smith Mon, 01/25/2010 - 13:06
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

The SA will support Windows 7 and 64 bit clients.  It is on the roadmap, but dates change so I can't say when this will happen.

I believe you can pass SSL VPN traffic by to your UC with the firewall.  I don't know if the VPN connection would work that way or not.  I would have to test it, but my lab is a bit busy right now.  Does forwarding the traffic work?

Steven Smith Mon, 01/25/2010 - 13:40
User Badges:

I know that SSL VPN does work today with MAC clients.  I do not know about Windows Mobile, but I can ask about that one.  I am not sure that Windows Mobile is on the roadmap for this yet.

Steven Smith Thu, 01/28/2010 - 09:00
User Badges:

I have asked, but have no response yet. 

Steven Smith Fri, 02/05/2010 - 14:56
User Badges:

There is no support today, not sure if it is on the roadmap or not for the SA500.

For the ASA, which uses the any connect client...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/data_sheet_c78-527494.html

Requires an extra license, but it can do it.  Tested devices here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect24/release/notes/anyconnect24rn.html#wp949979

Actions

This Discussion