Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 Agent Based Routing - Best Approach

csg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Our agent phones have two lines.  The first line is the contact centre agent number and the second line is the agent's personal DDI.

I am trying to work out the best approach to deal with calls coming in on the DDI line as I would like these to be part of the contact centre too and be able to report on call activity here.  My initial thoughts are that a call will come into the DDI and if the agent is not available then it will be transfered to the CSQ for that agent.

Would it be better for the DDI line to have a "call foward all" set to the CSQ trigger and then use some enterprise parameter to see the original called number, do a lookup and send this call to the agent whose DDI it is?  I'm just wondering how this is achieved programatically?  Or would a better approach be for all of the agent DDI numbers to be triggers for the UCCX application? This leads to the question how many triggers can an application have?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You would use the Get Call Contact Info step.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is always a sticky topic. Both of your ideas are possible and there isn't really a "best" option IMO.

1. If you create a trigger and have agents CFA their lines to it, then it is only a single trigger in CCX to configure.
    Agents can turn this off by disabling CFA. This could be good or bad though.
    CCX would need to handle redirecting the call to VM if reaching the agent fails.
    You remove the ability for the agent to even see the call (call waiting) since the busy trigger is set to one on their ICD line. Their only indication someone called would be if they leave a voicemail.
  2. There is no documented limit of triggers per application.
    Agents cannot turn this on/off.
    Everything else would be the same as option one.

You can do this either with a Call Consult Transfer step or attempt an agent-based routing with the Select Resource step. For reporting reasons you would want to use Select Resource though. This also means the agent cannot answer calls at all unless they are logged in to CAD though.

Also, you could choose to route to a CSQ instead of the agent's voicemail in any of these scenarios if you wanted. CCX cannot queue callers to a specific agent and CSQs don't scale well enough to have one per agent. This somewhat depends on who is calling though. A menu option with choices works well: Press one for voicemail or two to speak with another representative."

Lastly, another scenario might be to create an IVR with a "dial by extension" concept where the customers know the extension of who they are reaching and not the direct line number. CCX could do agent-based routing as discussed above there. The advantage is that their direct line would remain untouched. This only works if they would refrain from giving that number out though.

Thankyou for your thoughts they are appreciated.

One question if I want to capture the original called number, presumably I use a Get Enterprise Call Info step, but what fields and values do I need to populate?

You would use the Get Call Contact Info step.

Great, that works well. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: