cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

slow reply times from client (Handheld Dolphin 9550)

Karel Navratil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all good people,

last time I have a problem with Dolphin scanners with long reply times.

I have four scanners directly under AP (AIR-LAP1242-E-K9, two dipole antennas). One has reply around 60ms, second the same, third around 500ms and the last one about 2500ms. All the scanners are running the same configuration with powersave mode disabled. Security is set to WPA-PSK with 63 chars long key.

We have one central controller, where are all the APs connected. Other locations do not have this problem.

I walked around with Ekahau, Spectrum and Airmagnet and found no interference or other interrupting devices.

Have somebody any ideas what can be cause of this problem?

Controller is running firmware 5.2.193.0

Ping replies, Signal strenght and SNR is attached.

Thank you for any lead and help!

Regards

Karel

1 Reply 1

philipmoore
Level 1
Level 1

It would appear to me that this issue is more than likely Terminal based and not Cisco based..? I would recommend you test the drivers on the 9550 and ensure they are all up to the lastest, one other thing is to try different AP Threshold settings on the Terminals and check to ensure it is Authenticating OK via the supplicant and not dropping in and out of Authtentication?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: