Views
Helpful
Replies

Exclude an SSH admin host from AAA authentication

ifallani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody.

I'm runnig ASA with TACACS console authentication in order to have authentication/authorization on console access (telnet/SSH) via AAA but I need to exclude a particular SSH host from the authentication process. It seems that the include/exclude or match commands applies only to the traffic going trought the ASA but not to the traffic going "to" the ASA, as console access traffic should be. I've done some testing, playing around include/exclude without success, of course

Can someone give a clue about?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe you are correct. There is no way to just exclude one IP from being exempted from AAA authentication when managing the device via ssh while allowing the rest to authenticate via TACACS.

-KS

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe you are correct. There is no way to just exclude one IP from being exempted from AAA authentication when managing the device via ssh while allowing the rest to authenticate via TACACS.

-KS

Thank you for your reply.

I've tried some other solutions but without success. Too bad, I've to move somewhere else

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card