cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can AnyConnect clients be forced to use Websense?

rickbennett
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have our ASA 5520 setup for SSL VPN, and for our IT Department, the AnyConnect client.  For the IT Department, I have setup to permit split tunneling, and everything is working as required.

However, currently, I have some users that connect via the SSL VPN, where we provide for them a list of internal applications, and approximately 8 external websites that they can access for work related reasons via the Portal Page.  However, we would like to deploy the AnyConnect client to these users, as it is a faster mechanism for them for access, and we can they allow then to access resources in a way they are more familiar with.  We do not want to permit split tunneling for these users, and ideally would like to allow them access to the Internet, so long as they are bound to our Websense server that sits on our internal network.

We have this working for a our site-to-site VPN locations, and everything is working OK.  However, I was wondering is it possible to do the same with the Anyconnect VPN client for those particular users?  I have not been able to find anything that says this will work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

rickbennett
Level 1
Level 1

After much playing around I have figure this out.....I was trying to for the Anyconnect IP pool to use the Websense server.  However, I am not forcing all traffic to use the VPN server....and it is working...

Hi Rick,

im interested in knowing how you got this setup.  i also have Anyconnect users that VPN to my network and want to use Websense to do URL filtering for  all Anyconnect Internet traffic that my client hit.    Of course dont want to filter out every traffic Anyconnect want to hit but legit traffic.

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: