cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.2 integration with CUCM 6.1 (Failover) … PLEASE HELP!

adham_tahoun
Level 1
Level 1

Good day

I have ended an installation and a configuration of Cisco Unity 4.2 with Exchange 2003 (Voicemail Messaging with Failover), but something is wrong. Even that I had followed Cisco’s guide

First:

Following the document, it tells you to install CiscoUnity40.lic on the Secondary Server, (which contains only two ports license), later on, when starting the integration using UTIM, it asks you to enter the actual number of licensed ports of the primary server (32 in my case), then it tells that we will deal with this later in the installation.

But nothing is being mentioned till the end of the document!!

Second: which is related to the first point, only two Voicemail Failover ports are registered with CUCM, the 30 ports remaining is just showing with unknown status.

Third: If I am checking the licensed file, it shows that there is a license for a secondary sever, but still it’s not used, in spite that, by checking the Unity Admin page, under Unity Servers, I could see that there are two servers configured.

What am I missing?????

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adham,

It sounds like you've done everything except for run the Failover Configuration Wizard to create the failover relationship between both servers.  Once the FCW is completed, the license file on the primary server is replicated to the secondary server.  Make sure you followed the following guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/403/failover/guide/ex/FG_010.html

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

adham_tahoun
Level 1
Level 1

I made a small test:

I have created an account; I went through the initial voice account customization, then I left a voice message.

I checked my inbox and I found it there, then I restarted the primary server and checked my messages, and guess what. I went through the initial voice account setup for the secondary; this indicates that there are two primary servers configured!!!!!!

I hope I can find help soon, we should handover this project this week.

Thanks

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adham,

It sounds like you've done everything except for run the Failover Configuration Wizard to create the failover relationship between both servers.  Once the FCW is completed, the license file on the primary server is replicated to the secondary server.  Make sure you followed the following guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/403/failover/guide/ex/FG_010.html

Hope that helps,

Brad

Thanks Brad, your guide was much helpful to me, now its up and running

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: