cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Notifications for shared Voicemail

joe.conger
Level 1
Level 1

I have several voicemail subscriber accounts that are used as a shared account for VMs that roll-over from UCCX Contact Center.  Right now I use "Message Notification - Text for Cisco Unity Inbox" to alert our Call Center Agents that there is a new message in their Call Center VM account.  The message notification basically sends an smtp notification email to predefined email distribution group.  The major complaint is that the agents don't know if the new voicemail has been read yet unless someone manually sends out another message or they shout over their cubicle walls.  Is there a way on the system to automatically alert a group of employess that a new vm message has been heard and listened to.

CUCM 7.x

CUCCX 7.x

UNITY 4.05 Unified Messaging

Phones CP7940 - Two line phones (1Pri DID & 1 IPCC Ext)

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you have UM my favorite is to add the mailbox for that shared voicemail account to those users's Outlook client. Everyone would see the inbox, what messages have been read/unread, and can play them with ViewMail. This requires that you grant those users permission to the Exchange mailbox and then add the additional account in Outlook.

Another option would be to set their ICD lines as alternate MWI destinations but this doesn't scale well. You can only have 10 MWI destinations per mailbox I believe.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: