Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security Manager: How to migrate/copy CSM configuration to a new server

lot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to copy a CSM server's configuration to another CSM server installation?

I only want to copy the security policies (policy objects, access rules +) configured on the old server, not the device registration and and logs.

How can this be done?

I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Laavi

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Is it possible to copy a CSM server's configuration to another CSM server installation?

I only want to copy the security policies (policy objects, access rules +) configured on the old server, not the device registration and and logs.

How can this be done?

I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Laavi

Hi Laavi,

For that you ned to take backup via tftp of the exixting CSM and then upload the same config to new CSM,check out the below link  hope this helps out your query!!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_advisory09186a0080ab7b56.shtml

If helpful do rate the valueble post.

Regards

Ganesh.H

Hi Ganesh,

thanks for your response.

I'm not sure if a full backup of the old CSM server is exactly what I want. The goal is to split one CSM into two CSM servers. The new network will be a copy of the old one, but with new devices. We want the two networks to have identically configuration when it comes to access rules, policy objects etc.

I would like to copy the CSM configuration only. I want a clean CSM installation and register new devices.

Can you fill me in here, please?

Thanks again,

Laavi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card