Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 with two WAN links

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we are using ASA 5510 with two WAN links. I was trying to configure IP SLA to setup link redundancy. but with this mechanism, we can't use both link at a time, since ASA doesn't support PBR. Now we want to come up with static route to pass certain traffic from first link and other traffic from primary link. is it possible to achieve this configuration? for example pass all traffic from web and ftp servers from primary link and pass the rest from backup link.

any suggestion would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alex,

This has been addressed multiple times in the forum. The ASA does not support dual isps or pbr, so it can't be smart enough to send traffic destined to one host out on one link and the rest on the other.

If you had a router outside and inside of the ASA you could configure pbr to get you past that obstacle.

But unfortunately the ASA cannot do it.

I hope it helps.

PK

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Panos Kampanakis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alex,

This has been addressed multiple times in the forum. The ASA does not support dual isps or pbr, so it can't be smart enough to send traffic destined to one host out on one link and the rest on the other.

If you had a router outside and inside of the ASA you could configure pbr to get you past that obstacle.

But unfortunately the ASA cannot do it.

I hope it helps.

PK

thanks PK.

do you have any document handy to show how to configure router in front of ASA to take care of two ISP?

thanks

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card