cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Music on hold source for UCCX

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking at a UCCX/UCM deploymenty.  In the case of music while in queue for the callers..what's the source of that music?  Is it local from the UCCX servers, or does it need to come from Call Mgr MoH?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

True MoH will come from UCM; however, some people choose to play a prompt file that contains the appropriate music/messaging instead of using the Call Hold/Unhold steps. In that case, the audio would be sourced from the CCX server.

Assuming I want to actually change the MoH, what's the process?  I've uploaded my new file to UCM, created a MoH Audio Source for it and then selected it in the application trigger properties...still no change.  Thanks.

Just to be clear, you set the user hold audio source on the cti port group.

If your script is not using the Place Call Hold step, but rather playing a Play Prompt, then you need to update the audio files in the prompt repository on UCCX to change MOH.

Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with the CTI Port Group.  Is that meaning the Cisco Unified CM Telephony Call Control Group?

I think I found what you meant.  I used bulk administration to update the CTI Ports with the new MoH.  Thanks for the leading tip.

I have a questions regarding that,

In a queue, I understand ther is two way to play MOH.

1 -  Hold the call and get the MOH from CUCM.

2 - Play a prompt from UCCX.

*If I use the option 1, I can hold for a specific number of time, than I can do an action in the script.

But.. If choose number 2, let's say that the prompt I have uploaded is 10min, is there any way I can do an action at 2min, 5min.. without cuting the prompt ?... like a hold for a specific time.

thanks

Phillippe,

See the answer posted to your new thread.

Thanks

Tanner

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: