Outlook sync with Cisco personal directory

Unanswered Question
Jan 20th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi

We are using CUCM 6.1, just wondering if the user can sync the contact between outlook and personal directory. I found a plug-in pakage named TacSyncInstall on CUCM server, but don't know how to use it. Any suggestions?

Thanks. Leo

Overall Rating: 4 (3 ratings)
lionel.ndg Tue, 09/13/2011 - 19:28
User Badges:

Hi,

I do have some issues pressing the Synchronize button after successfully installing the TabSyncInstall.exe

I am running on the cucm 8.6 version where by i download TabSyncInstall.exe from the plug in. installation was done on

windows 7(32 & 64 bits) . After input all the information: server IP,user id, password, i press the Synch button,

the Tabsync program hand and crash.

I intending to do a synch the address book on my Microsoft outlook 2010 exchange server with the cucm.

Anyone know why is it happening?

adrian.meighoo Fri, 03/02/2012 - 04:43
User Badges:

Hi,

Were you able to resolve the Tabsync crashing issue. We are having the same problem.

Thanks for any assistance.

Christin Varghe... Wed, 12/16/2015 - 01:54
User Badges:

Hi,

As Mitch suggested,

This can be resolved by running the address book sync in compatibility mode for Windows 95. It will sync contacts in C:\Users\<user>\Contacts folder

Thanks,

Md. Rashedul Alam Mon, 03/05/2012 - 04:08
User Badges:

I am facing same issue at windows 7. For win Xp  Tabsync is working properly. Need help.

Thanks

Mitch McGill Tue, 04/14/2015 - 12:40
User Badges:

I have been able to successfully sync if I run the tool on Windows 8 pro using Win 95 compatibility mode. the problem I had was that it was only finding Contacts that were added in the  C:\Users\<user>\Contacts folder. I have not put any time into trying to import these contacts from Outlook via a .csv file but this looks like it would be simple enough to do (import option at the top). I am looking now for 3rd party programs that can automatically sync the contacts and parse to XML in hopes I can just add this as a phone service.

Inder Manjit Singh Thu, 04/19/2012 - 13:35
User Badges:

Hi Jason,

This information is helpful to understand why Tab Sync is not working with Windows 7.

Do any Cisco TAC types know if a replacment for TAB Sync functionality using Windows 7 is in the works?

Actions

This Discussion