Cisco ACS for Windows and Network Access Profiles

Unanswered Question

We are attempting to configure ACS on Windows Server 2008 Member Server. Initially I only have the need to authenticate Network Admins for device administration and authenticate Windows AD groups using PEAP authentication. The general problem that I am having is that if I configure a Cisco 1200 Access Point  for PEAP and also setup The Access Point for Radius authentication pointed to the ACS server it always maps to the the first Network Access Profile and rather than it trying the second it will error sayiing some condition is not met depending on what changes I make. Can someone tell me what the criteria that is used to determine what NAP is used? According to the manual if all 4 criteria are not met then the Profile will not apply.

I am using one ACS group that is mapped to an AD group for Wireless Access and a Second ACS group mapped to an AD group that includes the Net Admins. This group mapping appers to be working as the user group name seems to mapped correctly in the logs.  In short I have tried only configuring the Wireless NAP to only Allow EAP authentication using PEAP EAP-MSCHAPv2 and the Netadmins profile to include all protocols. Bascially what happens is if I have the Wireless NAP first it works fine for PEAP authentication on Wireless but if I try to administer the access point and provide credentials I get a message in the failed log that the authentication profile is not allowed in this Network Access Profile. Why does this not just go onto the next Network Access profile?

I am familiar with version 3.2 but it does not seem to work the same.

Any help would be appreciated on what I am missing.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion